Accidents in a public place
Accidents in public – Public liability claims
Public liability is where the person or business who owns or is responsible for a public area, must ensure it is safe for public use.
If you have had an accident or suffered a personal injury on public property, and the owner or occupier of the property/area where your accident happened was responsible, you could be entitled to make a compensation claim for any injury or illness you have suffered. This is known as making a public liability claim.
Easthams – the best choice for Public Liability claims, Blackpool, and The Fylde Coast
Our specialist personal injury lawyers can provide advice and guidance on a wide range of compensation claims due to an accident in public, including but not limited to:
- Trip, slips, or fall accidents – due to hazards, dangerous or untreated surfaces.
- Accidents on holiday
- Accidents in Hairdressers or in Beauty Salons
If you, your child or a loved one have been injured due to the possible negligent actions of a business, or land or property owner, and you would like to find out if you can make a compensation claim, contact our team to discuss your case. We will provide a free, no obligation consultation to assess your case.
Public Liability Claims Solicitors
We realise how stressful suffering an injury can be, especially when it is due to somebody else’s negligence. Furthermore, on top of any pain, you may be suffering due to your injury, you may have suffered loss of earnings due to taking time off work. You may also have other expenses, like medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Easthams personal injury lawyers in Blackpool and the Fylde Coast, have the knowledge and expertise to successfully secure compensation for the impact of your accident and any injuries suffered.
Companies, landowners, and local authorities have a legal duty to ensure their land and premises meet the required health and safety standards to protect the public’s safety. Whilst in some cases it may be obvious who is at fault for your accident, there can be complex processes involved to provide the necessary evidence to secure a successful claim. When making a public liability accident compensation claim, we will work with you to establish if:
- There was a failure by those responsible for the public place to take reasonable steps to protect your health and safety.
- This failure caused your injuries.
Our specialist personal injury team will work hard to obtain all the required details from you and advise you on your grounds for a successful compensation claim. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your accident, you should seek the advice of a solicitor as soon as possible.
Personal Injury Solicitors in Blackpool and Across the Fylde
Thanks to our many years of experience we can make the process of claiming compensation quick and simple, and we pride ourselves on recovering high levels of compensation every year.
To find out more about how our dedicated team can help you please call us on 0800 919 635 or email email@example.com
How To Make a Public Liability Claim for Compensation
You may feel nervous about contacting a personal injury lawyer, but our approachable and understanding team are on hand to make the process as stress-free as possible. After an accident, we recommend you contact our team as soon as possible, but there are other certain steps you should take, which we detail below:
What should you do if you have an accident in public?
- Report the accident to the owner of the premises, the landowner, or the person in charge.
- Request that the accident is recorded on an Accident Report Form or in an Accident Book and ask for a copy of the report.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact details.
- If possible, try and take photos especially of the area where the incident took place or anything you consider to be relevant to your accident.
- You should ensure that you receive medical attention and ensure your injuries are treated accordingly
- Contact a personal injury solicitor to seek legal advice to establish if you have been wrongfully injured.
Most public liability injury claims can be dealt with on a no win no fee basis, and our highly experienced team of professionals provides you with a dedicated service and always offers a sensitive and understanding approach, no matter what your situation.
We can advise you on how much compensation you are eligible for and how long the personal injury claims process will take.