Road traffic accidents

Whether you are a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or motorbike rider a road traffic accident can have a major impact on your life. If you or a loved one have been injured in a road accident, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Our expert personal injury lawyers are specialists in road traffic accident claims. If you have been injured and would like to find out if you can make a compensation claim, contact our team to discuss your case.

Specialist road traffic accident injury solicitors

Easthams’ approachable and experienced personal injury lawyers based in Blackpool, have many years’ experience in dealing with a wide range of road traffic accident claims and are dedicated to getting you the maximum compensation for your injuries.

We will provide you with clear and practical advice regarding your case and guide you through the claims process in a sensitive and understanding manner, no matter what your situation.

Easthams – the best choice for road traffic accident claims, Blackpool and The Fylde Coast

It is important to have the best independent legal advice to make sure you are fully informed from the start about what you can claim for and how successful your claim is likely to be. We deliver astute legal representation, working for you to maximise your damages and can confidently represent you in the courts if need be.

Were you the driver or a passenger in a vehicle that was hit by someone else?

You may be aware that in 2021 the government introduced a bill called the Civil Liability Bill – more commonly called the whiplash reform. This was an insurer-led change to the law aimed at stopping people claiming compensation, even though they were injured and entitled to make a claim.

These reforms mean that if you were the driver or passenger of a vehicle and your injury is limited to your neck and/or back then the level of compensation you may claim is limited to a few hundred pounds. It also means that solicitors’ costs are not recoverable from the fault party. In this situation we would recommend pursuing your own claim using the Official Injury Claim portal.

However if you have suffered an injury to another part of your body, such as the head or legs then you can employ a solicitor.

Yes, we know it is confusing! If you are unsure please contact our team using our contact form, emailing us at or calling us on 0800 919 635.

Cyclist, Motorcyclist, Pedestrian or horse rider

This group of road users are more vulnerable because they have less protection from being injured. If you were one of this group when you were involved in your accident then claims for personal injury are unaffected by the reforms described above. Please contact our team using our contact form, emailing us at or calling us on 0800 919 635.

Serious injury

If you have suffered a serious injury then we will ensure your claim is handled by a qualified professional with the right experience to ensure that you receive appropriate rehabilitation treatment to aid your recovery, and then look to recover the maximum compensation for the pain and suffering you have suffered through no fault of your won.

Personal Injury Solicitors in Blackpool and across the Fylde

Thanks to our many years of experience we can make the process of claiming quick and simple, and we pride ourselves on recovering high levels of compensation every year. To find out more about how our dedicated team can help you please call us on 0800 919 635 or email

Frequently Asked Questions

If I use my own insurance, will it impact my policy?

Most motor insurers make it a stipulation of their policy that you report any accident to them. If you report the accident to your insurers they may record the claim as a fault claim against you until they have evidence that the other driver admits liability.

I was a passenger in a friend’s car. I think it might be their fault.

A lot of people are put off making a personal injury claim because of the impact it will have on their friend’s insurance policy. The value of a claim will have no impact on the insurance policy. If your friend claims damage to their vehicle, or the driver of the other vehicle involved in the accident claims against your friend, then their no claims bonus will be affected. By adding your personal injury claim to the other claims arising out of the same incident you will not add anything to your friend’s insurance premium.

Will I have to go to court?

If the person or company we believe is responsible for the accident deny it is their fault then you may have to attend court. In most cases though claims settle without the need for a formal hearing.